October 6, 2021
SOME GUIDANCE WHEN JOINING AN ON-LINE SESSION OR USING OUR ON-LINE RESOURCES.
- Ideally check with your doctor/physiotherapist first to ensure that you are safe to practice at home if you have any concerns.
- Please indicate with thumb(s) down to let Ascendance staff know if you begin to feel unwell and need assistance. Talk to us off mute or use the chat facility.
- We advise you where possible to use the Time Out sign if you leave the screen for a planned, non-emergency break.
- Have a telephone nearby with emergency contact stored if needed.
- Provide a current emergency, local contact /next of kin for Ascendance support staff to have in the event of emergency during class.
- Always notify teachers if you have any health concerns during class or if you are practicing alone. As with any exercise programme, if at any point during the class you begin to feel faint, dizzy or have any physical discomfort, you should stop immediately and seek medical advice.
- Risk Assess your own space ensuring your space is clear from obstruction, are there any hazards nearby? including any pets, bags, wires, uneven flooring.
- If anything causes pain or discomfort, discontinue, or modify/simplify the sequence to suit you.
- Only do what you feel comfortable with, rest if you need to.
- Ensure you have a stable chair with a supporting back and a non-slip floor.
- Ensure that sturdy footwear is worn or barefoot if preferred.
- Take regular drink breaks and have a drink nearby.
- Have any medications that you need near you.
- Wear suitable loose clothing that you can move freely in.
- No recording of on-line classes or sharing without prior consent.
- If practicing at home alone and have any concerns please ensure that somebody close by knows that you are exercising and that you check in and out them to ensure your safety.
More from the ascendance blog