To work with participants from ‘Ascendance Youth’
to explore, celebrate and increase their awareness and enjoyment
of the diverse history of Cottingley, through researching,
recording, interpreting, creating and presenting materials,
visuals, documents and oral history.
• To engage with a wide range of groups and individuals
to challenge and break down barriers concerning race, religion
and generational gaps, and encourage integration and building
of inter faith relationships within the local and wider area
• To increase and promote confidence, self-esteem, health
and well being through a range of activities.
• To support the aims of Cottingley Cornerstone Centre,
which include providing regeneration in Cottingley, shared
spaces for interaction and social action, and opportunities
for local people.
• To provide young people with practical experience
and a range of opportunities within a variety of areas such
as planning, research, interviewing, filmmaking, marketing,
project management, presentation, design and evaluation.
• To produce a range of educational materials and resources
which support teachers/youth leaders to help explore heritage
with young people and to explore intergenerational work.
Click into the evaluation for a full report of the project.